Our SAP Calculation & Assessment Service
At Visions Energy our SAP assessments include
- Dedicated energy assessor – This ensures an efficient friendly service. Your dedicated expert energy assessor will get to know you and your project and support you throughout the process.
- Free U-values for Wall, Floor & Roof elements
- Commitment to achieve compliance without applying costly options or solutions that will prolong the build process.
- Fast turnaround available – We are committed to meeting your deadlines and where ever possible we will provide a fast turnaround if this is a requirement.
Elements assessed during SAP calculations
When SAP Calculations are carried out on any dwellings, a number of factors are used to calculate the energy cost & C02 emissions, below is an overview of the elements included within every SAP Calculation:
- Thermal efficiency of walls, floors & roof elements
- Thermal efficiency of glazing & doors
- Boiler efficiency
- Secondary heating i.e. log burners, open fires
- Renewable energy i.e. solar panels, Air/ground source heat pumps
- Air Tightness of the dwelling
How our SAP assessments work throughout the design and build process?
Vision Energy recommend carrying out your SAP calculations at a design stage, however if your dwelling/s is already complete don’t worry, we can still carry out your SAP calculations at an ‘as-built’ stage, below outlines the step by step process Vision Energy will take to ensure compliance to Building Regulations Part L1a & L1B,
Initial Design Review – Vision will review the plans and information provided within architectural drawings or specifications
Design Stage SAP Calculations – Design calculations will be carried out to review the compliance to all elements in Building Regulations
Design Review & Alterations – Were required, Vision will advise on any alterations that are required to the design of the dwelling/s to comply with Building Regulations Part L1a, ensuring that the design alterations are cost effective and feasible on site,
Design SAP Calculations & Predicted EPC – Vision will issue the design stage calculations and predicted EPC for submission to Building control/Local Authority
As-Built SAP Calculations Review – Once the construction of the dwelling/s is nearing completion, Vision Energy will review the construction details compared to the design SAP Calculations to ensure the dwelling/s have been built to the specification, If any alterations have been made, Vision will rerun the calculations and review compliance
As Built SAP Calculations & EPC – Once the review has been complete and confirmed, Vision Energy will issue and lodge the As-built SAP Calculations & EPC for submission to Building Control/ Local Authority