When it comes to the overall performance and rating to BREEAM for a new construction project, a number of different factors are considered, these are;
The BREEAM rating level Benchmarks
The environmental section weightings
The Minimum BREEAM standards
The BREEAM assessment issues and credits
The combination of the above factors will ultimately determine the BREEAM rating of the project, below is an overview of the ratings that can be achieved and benchmarks for the ratings as set out in BREEAM. figures taken from BREEAM table 2.3
BREEAM RATNG % Score
Outstanding ≥ 85
Excellent ≥ 70
Very Good ≥ 55
Good ≥ 45
Pass ≥ 30
BREEAM rating benchmarks enable a client and all other stakeholders to compare the performance of a newly constructed building with other BREEAM rated buildings, and the typical sustainability performance of a stock of new non-domestic buildings in the UK. In this respect each BREEAM rating broadly represents performance equivalent to:
- Outstanding: Less than the top 1% of UK new non-domestic buildings(innovator)
- Excellent: Top 10% of UK new non-domestic buildings(best practice)
- Very Good: Top 25% of UK new non-domestic buildings(advanced good practice)
- Good: Top 50% of UK new non-domestic buildings(intermediate good practice)
- Pass: Top 75% of UK new non-domestic buildings(standard good practice)
An unclassified BREEAM rating represents performance that is non-compliant with BREEAM, in terms of failing to meet either the BREEAM minimum standards of performance for key environmental issues or the overall threshold score required to achieve at least a Pass rating.
What We Can Offer
- Dedicated assessor throughout your project,
- Cost effective solutions to ensure compliance,
- Fully qualified assessors to complete BREEAM Assessments for all building types,
- Commitment to work to client’s deadlines to ensure a smooth delivery of each project.
Why Use Vision Energy?
Vision Energy have worked on thousands of projects across the UK and always ensure that the clients requirements come first, we understand that each development is individual and comes with its own challenges, with this in mind we take the stress out of the additional requirements that have been set on the carbon emissions by taking care of every aspect of the BREEAM Assessment for you.